Spokane County United Way is Accepting Partner Agency Funding Applications
If you are a nonprofit organization in Spokane County who focuses on the health, education, and financial stability of families please read the Program Investment Strategies to learn more about this funding opportunity.
Application and Grant Timeline:
Opens March 6, 2023 at 8:00 am (PST)
Closes April 6, 2023 at 5:00 pm (PST)
Applicants will be notified of their grant acceptance or declination in June 2023. Funding begins July 2023 and ends June 2025.
Frequently Asked Questions
Spokane County United Way grants are available to federally recognized nonprofits with a 501(c)(3).
Nonprofits must be a human service organization focused on serving the Spokane County community.
Eligible nonprofits will preferably have less than $500,000 in operating budget. Learn how to calculate a nonprofit operating budget.
The application process closes on April 6, 2023 at 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time.
Spokane County United Way provides two types of funding; Program Support Grants (maximum of $60,000 / year) and General Operations Grants (maximum of $20,000 / year). Please review the section titled Available Grant Types to determine how best to apply. More than one grant or program may be applied for, but the amount requested by an agency in total should not exceed $80,000 annually.
Yes, more than one grant or program may be applied for, but the amount requested by a nonprofit in total should not exceed $80,000 annually.
Program Support Grants will be funded at a minimum amount of $5,000 / year and a maximum amount of $60,000 / year.
General Operations Grants will be funded at a minimum amount of $5,000 / year and a maximum amount of $20,000 / year.
No single agency will be awarded greater than $80,000 annually.
Go to the Application Forms and Document Templates section (below):
- Click the download button that pertains to the grant you are applying
- Download the application
- Save the application to your own computer
- Work on your application and save your work from your own computer
- When completed you will upload your completed application in the Submit Your Completed Application and Documents Here section
Prepare your application, Budget document (for Program Support Grant Applications only - a template is provided), IRS Form 990, and your most recent audited or reviewed financial statements.
Return to this site (unitedwayspokane.org/PartnerAgencyApplication) and use the Submit button that pertains to the grant you are applying for.
For additional help please reach out to Lisa Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-324-5029 during regular office hours (M-F, 8-5).
Available Grant Types
Program Support Grant
Used to address complex social needs as defined by United Way's Program Investment Strategies. Grant amounts will be awarded at a minimum amount of $5,000 / year and a maximum amount of $60,000 / year. No one agency will receive more than $80,000 annually.
Apply for a Program Support Grant if the program provides a clear:
- Understanding / definition of a social problem being addressed
- Can show a cause-and-effect relationship between the service activity and an intended outcome
- Has metrics to quantify the cause-and-effect relationship
Program Support Grant Funds are flexible and can be used to:
- Sustain or increase the capacity of existing programs
- Launch innovative programs addressing existing and emerging social needs
- Support collaborative grants / networks targeted at a particular population or issue
General Operations Support Grant
Used to further an organization's mission and vision which aligns with United Way's Program Investment Strategies. Grant amounts will be awarded at a minimum amount of $5,000 / year and a maximum amount of $20,000 / year. No one agency will receive more than $80,000 annually.
Apply for a General Operations Grant if your organization can best use:
- Flexible funds to increase general operational capacity by investing in professional staff, staff development, delivery systems and organizational commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- General Operation Support will be awarded for no more than two grant cycles at which time the organization can apply for a program grant.
Application Forms and Document Templates
Additional Documentation Needed to Submit Your Request for Funding
1. Basic organization information (Name, website, CEO information, contact details)
2. Documents you will be asked to upload (Word, PDF, Excel are acceptable formats)
- Completed Grant Application
- Budget (Program Support Grants Only)
- IRS Form 990
- Audited or Reviewed Financial Statement
- Optional to provide a program logic model
- Template of a program logic model - DOWNLOAD