Spokane County United Way's Free Tax Preparation
Information for 2023
Most tax preparation sites are by appointment only.
Call 509-353-4851 to make an appointment starting January 19.
Or you can file your own taxes free of charge by going to MyFreeTaxes.com.
Spokane County United Way partners with AARP to provide Free Tax Preparation throughout Spokane County. Free Tax Preparation helps people fill out, submit, and receive key tax credits. On average a family living in Washington state will pay over $300 to file taxes. Free Tax Preparation is one way low-income families can keep more of their money. See below for location and hour information for sites ran by AARP and Spokane County United Way.
If you made an appointment for free tax preparation services at the Spokane Resource Center locations you NEED TO CALL AND RESCHEDULE your free tax preparation appointment:
- The Spokane Resource Center will not open this year due to limited capacity to run the site. We adhere to strict IRS guidelines and will not be in the position to open this additional site.
Scheduling issues effecting the Spokane County United Way location:
- Spokane County United Way's site operating at 920 N. Washington experienced scheduling issues leading to the site being overbooked and appointments on days that the site is not operating. United Way staffed tried to connect with every person effected by this issue and we apologize for those we were not able to reach. We are doing our best to bring on additional volunteers to meet the need. We are sorry for the frustration and inconvenience.
- If you have been impacted by United Way's scheduling issue please note that Medical Lake City Hall offers a walk-in clinic, or you can call and make a new appointment.
- Thank you for your understanding that this is a volunteer driven program and we are doing our best.
610 1st Street
Friday 2-5 pm
Select Saturdays 2-5 pm
Closed February 11 & 25 and
March 10, 11, 18, 25 & April 8
Northeast Community Center
4001 N. Cook Street
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 10 am - 2 pm
Closed March 9 & 14
Spokane County United Way
920 N. Washington Suite 100
Mondays 3:30 - 7:30 pm
Saturdays 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
CLOSED March 11th due to street closures for the parade
Moran Prairie Library
6004 S. Regal Street
Friday 2 - 6 pm
Saturday 10 am - 2 pm
Spokane Valley Library
12004 E. Main Avenue
Monday 4 - 7 pm Closed 2/20
Friday 1 - 4 pm
Saturday 10 am - 1 pm
4332 N. Argonne Road
Wednesday 4 - 8 pm
Thursday 10 am - 2 pm
Medical Lake City Hall No Appointment Needed
124 S. Lefevre Street
Wednesday & Thursday 5 - 7 pm
Documents to bring
• 2021 Tax Return
• Valid picture identification
• Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITN) for each taxpayer(s), family member and working adult
• All income statements such as 2021W-2s, 1098, 1099 forms for you and spouse
• Any form 1095 – proof of health insurance
• Proof of other income for you or spouse
• Form 1098T and education expenses for students
• Childcare provider name, address and tax ID
• Property tax & interest information, if homeowner
• Bank routing and account numbers for checking or savings account