Funding Notice for Emergency Food and Shelter Program Phase 40.
Spokane County United Way will be administering the Emergency Food and Shelter Program Phase 40 funding.
The National Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) has made funding available for emergency food and / or shelter services in Spokane County. These funds are Federal funds made available through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The intent of this program is for the purchase of food and shelter, to supplement and expand current available resources and not to substitute or reimburse ongoing programs and services or to start new programs.
Eligible Applicant Organizations
- Nonprofit, faith-based, and governmental organizations that provide food, shelter, and supportive services within the intent of the program
- Past EFSP participation is not a requirement
- Submit applications to the Local Board for funding (point of contact can be obtained via the EFSP website, www.efsp.unitedway.org
- Must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number- http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- Must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) - http://www.irs.gov
- Maintain a checking account in the organization’s name for EFSP deposits
- Pay vendors directly within 90 days for services provided
- Submit required reports
Any agency that is awarded funds that participated in the EFSP in the past and has outstanding compliance exceptions must resolve them prior to the release of funds.
To learn more about the National Emergency Food and Shelter Program, visit www.efsp.unitedway.org.
Current Funding Available
$247,911 is available under EFSP Phase 40.
Application Process COMING SOON!
Local Contact Information
Director of Resource Development, Spokane County United Way
The current funding cycle is EFSP Phase 40.