Join Us. LIVE UNITED
Donate the week of
October 24th - November 4th
Thank you for your pledge
to United Way!
As the world has had to learn to be more responsive to immediate and continuously changing needs, Spokane County United Way has too.
Our local programs have felt the increasing need of housing, new and unanticipated need for better social and emotional health supports, and programs that reach youth and young adults to address and mitigate factors that contribute to chronic homelessness. The pressure placed on young families and children by the pandemic, including the need to attend school virtually and childcare gaps created when parents needed to be at work, only magnified the existing gaps in accessing services. The need for emergency food, shelter, and support for families caught by unexpected unemployment also skyrocketed.
We responded with new and deeper investments in programs with partner agencies, a hallmark of Spokane County United Way and how embedded we are in our community since our beginning more than 100 years ago. We spearheaded the Anchor Community Initiative in partnership with A Way Home Washington and the City of Spokane, which continues to work to reduce and end youth and young adult homelessness. Through our Built for Zero initiative, we are working to identify and place homeless adults and veterans in transitional housing while supporting them in treatment and skill-building to break the cycle of chronic homelessness.
And through this work, we have enabled Spokane to officially produce a sustained, measurable reduction in youth and young adult homelessness. Spokane is the first community in Washington State to have a measurable reduction in active homelessness for any population and third in the nation to achieve this milestone. This is work that creates lasting change for our community.
Spokane County United Way’s purpose remains to meet the challenges that we are facing today and prepare for a better tomorrow. We know no true change is achieved without the work of many, and this includes your continued and generous support. To live better, we must LIVE UNITED.
As we look ahead, please consider investing in the future of children, young adults, and families across our county. Because of your trust in Spokane County United Way to be good stewards of your investment, we will continue to be here to serve and uplift our community on your behalf.
President and CEO, Spokane County United Way
...to join us Monday, October 24 at 10:00 for a Virtual United Way Campaign kickoff. John Dickson, President and CEO of Spokane County United Way, will join us to talk about how our support of United Way makes life better for all of us. And special guest Julius Henrichsen, Anchor Communities Coordinator at United Way, will bring us up to date on local participation in a nation-wide strategy to end homelessness among teens.
Click here or click Join Teams Meeting in your e-calendar next Monday at 10:00 am to participate.
Last year, United Way served a key role in addressing homelessness among youth through its affiliation the national Anchor Community Initiative. Spokane is the first community in Washington State to have a sustained, measurable reduction in active homelessness for any population and third in the nation to achieve this milestone.
More than 1,300 COVID volunteer positions were filled using United Way's VolunteerSpokane.org portal.
And United Way continued to channel funds to programs that increase high school graduation rates, combat domestic violence and increase the financial stability of families on the edge in Spokane County.
We're convinced United Way is the community's most effective channel for putting community dollars to work, because community volunteers like you are part of the process. Thank you in advance for taking some time to learn about United Way and for considering a gift.
Drawings and Campaign Fun-raising
Your United Way representatives have organized a series of drawings and contests to help build awareness of the campaign:
- For a minimum $1 a month donation you get entered into daily drawings for $20 gift cards and three grand prizes including a paid day off! Drawings start Tuesday for all pledges so the sooner you give, the sooner you have a chance to win!
- Plus - because participation matters, please encourage your colleagues to contribute. We'be divided everybody into four somewhat equal groups by floor and / or location. When your group hits last year's participation rate, you get and extra chance to win and if your group has the most donors over last year, you get another chance. If you can afford to give 5% more this year than last, you get yet another chance.
- And as in the past, the Company will match every dollar you give.
- Finally, your committee has organized a set of gift baskets to be raffled off for the cause. Watch your eamil for information. Baskets will be set up in HR. Posters will be set up at Northwest Offset Printing. Tickets will be available online using payroll deduct.
Dates of Drawings:
- Daily drawings of $20 gift certificates starting Tuesday, October 25th through Fiday, November 4th
- Friday, October 28th - First Grand Prize $100 Visa card
- Wednesday, November 2nd - Second Grand Prize paid day off
- Friday, November 4th - Final Grand Prize RiverPark Square $500 gift card
- Friday, November 4th - Gift Basket Raffle