Job Announcement - Director of Corporate & Individual Engagement
United Way of Spokane County’s mission is to improve the lives and futures of all people in the community. We bring together expertise, funding and volunteer support to positively impact health, education and financial stability. In partnership with others, we work to eliminate inequities experienced by low-income and diverse populations so that all people have a safe, healthy home environment, achieve their educational potential, and increase their financial stability. We commit to building bridges across cultural, racial, religious, and economic boundaries.
We are currently seeking a Director of Corporate & Individual Engagement to join our Team.
In order of Spokane County United Way to deliver on its mission of mobilizing the community to create measurable results that improve people’s lives it is critical that sufficient financial and people resources are generated. To successfully develop these resources, it is essential to create meaningful and growing relationships with corporate partners, their employees and other individuals. This position will work to develop ways in which companies and individuals can realize their philanthropic interests through United Way. This position will lead a team which is tasked with the role of maintaining and growing corporate and individual engagements via annual workplace campaigns, corporate engagement strategies, volunteer engagements (both individual and group) and assisting in the facilitation of organizational special events. This position works in conjunction with the other leaders for United Way to provide ways to demonstrate the impact of the investments made with contributions to United Way, the value and need for volunteer engagements, and to promote the impact of community partners. As part of United Way staff leadership, this position will work United Way staff and Board leadership to design and implement strategies to maximize giving to United Way.
This is a full time exempt position with competitive Benefits (Health, Dental, Life Insurance and Retirement Contributions).
All candidates MUST apply on our Website at www.unitedwayspokane.org/careers in order to be considered for this position by close of business on June 18, 2021. Review of applications will begin on June 11, 2021 so candidates are encouraged to apply by this date. Selected candidate must successfully pass background check applicable to position.
United Way of Spokane County is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and implement resource development strategies and deliverables to facilitate successful engagements with corporate partners and their employees.
- Manage and supervise a team that oversees corporate and individual engagement opportunities
- Work closely with businesses and individuals to determine what ways corporate and individual philanthropic interests can be met.
- Identify and manage volunteer leaders that support and shape resource development and engagement efforts for the benefit of SCUW goals.
- In collaboration with other SCUW staff, conduct outreach and communications to business leaders, C-suite staff, corporate influencers and individual donors.
- Work SCUW staff, board and volunteer leaders to deepen relationships with corporate and individual financial supporters of United Way.
- Identify prospects and develop strategies to assist in building relationships with those not actively engaged with SCUW.
- Maintains and grows Emerging Leaders Society in support of the mission and goals of SCUW.
- Ensure the growth and capacity of leadership groups (ELS or other groups) is supported and promotes the goals for SCUW.
- In collaboration with Community Impact team develop, implement, foster engagements with businesses and individuals that assist with addressing goals for SCUW.
- Build volunteer capacity for the community.
- Develop ways volunteer efforts can further enhance and impact the goals for SCUW.
- In partnership with the Director of Community Collaborations and Equity, coordinate ways in which SCUW can support businesses and individuals’ goals related to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Conduct presentations to corporate employee groups, community groups and other constituencies to provide insight and information on the role and goals of SCUW.
- Assists in the development of messaging, events, and other methods of promoting the impact and role of SCUW.
- Serves as a member of the Leadership Team and as such is a leader in shaping and promoting the goals and deliverables for SCUW.
- Develops and oversees budget for areas of responsibility and assists the Leadership Team in the development and management of the organizational budget.
- Ensure the accuracy of information collected for corporate and individual donors.
- In collaboration with other SCUW staff use information systems to their best and fullest extent
- Build, manage, train, coach a team (staff and volunteers) to support the resource development goals for SCUW.
- Demonstrated ability to engage corporate and senior level business and community leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to create trust with co-workers and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and shape a team aimed at achieving shared goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to incorporate SCUW Five Pillars for Action into demonstrable outcomes.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes, expectations, delays or unexpected events in the work environment while maintaining professionalism.
- Ability to manage competing demands and prioritize tasks; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Ability to identify errors and take corrective action as needed.
- Ability to constructively apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability to generate ideas to improve and promote quality in work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of demonstrated professional growth and accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school; however relevant work experience may be substituted if proven to demonstrate a significant ability to perform at an executive level.