PARTNER AGENCY INVESTMENT PROCESS AND APPLICATION FOR FUNDING FOR July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022
Spokane County United Way views its grantees as partners in addressing complex social needs and looks for opportunities to assist in building capacity, improving systems, and engaging volunteers. 2020 tested all of us at many different levels: personally, as a community, and as a country. In Spokane County, we saw individuals and organizations step up to meet the challenges presented by the pandemic. Even with vaccination ramping up, recovery from the pandemic will take time.
Spokane County United Way will make investments in the community that honor our shared desire to make the greatest impact on our community’s needs with the funds available. United Way is providing one-year funding to our agency partners to continue general operation support or program support as the nonprofit sector recovers from the pandemic. In order to be considered for funding, programs must align with United Way's Investment Strategies and Investment Guidelines.
Current Grant Opportunities
For Current Partner Agencies:
For existing Partner Agencies requesting renewal for an existing United Way funded program, please submit a Program Support Grant application (use existing FY19 grant amount in the budget). For existing Partner Agencies interested in switching from a Program Support Grant to a General Operations Grant, please contact Andrey Muzychenko (509-324-5030), Director of Partner Relations and Assessment.
Spokane County United Way is offering two funding opportunities - General Operations Grant and Program Support Grant. Please review the funding options below. Generally, an organization may not receive both program support and operational support.
General Operations Grant:
- Support for an organization's mission rather than specific projects or programs. The funding will provide the working capital necessary to sustain an organization's overall financial health.
- A partnership between Spokane County United Way and an organization whose missions align with the Investment Strategies Guidelines.
- Flexible funding to be used at the discretion of the recipient. Funding may provide an opportunity to increase general operational capacity by investing in professional staff, staff development, delivery systems and organizational commitment to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Measurable with quality metrics to better understand the impact of the grantee's work and the impact of Spokane County United Way funds. These metrics will be defined in partnership between the grantee and Spokane County United Way.
Program Support Grant:
- Support of a nonprofit organization's program that is aligned with one of Spokane County United Way's strategies:
- Sustain or increase the capacity of existing quality programs
- Launch innovative pilot projects addressing existing and emerging social needs
- Support collaborative grants / networks targeted at a particular population or issue
- Funding for prevention and intervention programs, as both are critically important for long-term impact.
- Flexible funding to be used within the scope of a funded program.
- Measurable with quality metrics detailing better-off outcomes (Results Based Accountability framework).
Program and General Operations Grant Applications are due by Thursday, March 11, 2021.
Spokane County United Way's Board of Directors will finalize funding decisions by May 25, 2021. Your organization will be notified June 2, 2021 and new grants will begin July 1, 2021.
1. To complete our application process please start by creating an agency account. In order to complete the application process you must have an account.
- If you do not have an account please - CREATE AN ACCOUNT by clicking here.
- Already have an account - LOG IN by clicking here. After you log in you may need to copy and paste Unitedwayspokane.org/AgencyApplication into the url, scroll to the bottom of the page and the fillable application will display.
2. You may save your application as a draft and return at a later date to finish and submit your application.
3. Once you create a user account you will have access to:
- Complete the web based portion of the form.
- Upload the documents provided to you in advance via email.
- Cover sheet, Narrative, and Performance Measures Plan
- Most Recent IRS Form 990
- Organizations with annual gross revenues exceeding $3 million over the three preceding fiscal years must provide an audited financial statement prepared by an independent CPA
All eligible nonprofits should have received an email with the necessary documents to complete the upload process below. If you feel you are missing information please contact Andrey Muzychenko, Director of Partner Relations and Assessment, (509) 324-5030.
We are here to support you in this process. If you need technical assistance please contact Lisa Curtis, Director of Communications and Marketing. For content or process questions please contact Andrey Muzychenko, Director of Partner Relations and Assessment (509) 324-5030.
Begin Your Application
This section will only display if you are logged in.