Spokane County United Way's Free Tax Preparation Information for January - April 2021.
For the safety of our volunteers and staff the Spokane County United Way location at 920 N. Washington will not be open for in-person tax preparation. We encourage people to use MyFreeTaxes.com to file taxes free of charge.
Get Extra Help Filing
WSU and Whitworth University volunteers are available to help with your taxes. Learn more here: wsuvita.site/for-taxpayers
Print, Use and Share!
Feel free to download this video or posters for an easy reference to MyFreeTaxes!
MyFreeTaxes is a free and easy way for anyone of any income to file simple returns.
- MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all simple returns.
- Users can file simple federal and up to three simple state returns for free.
- Simple tax situations covered for free in MyFreeTaxes include: W-2 income; limited interest and dividend income reported on a 1099-INT or 1099-DIV; student education expenses, credits or student loan interest; unemployment income; claiming the standard deduction; EITC; child tax credits; child and dependent care expenses.
- You can easily file your taxes using MyFreeTaxes.com from your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- Most filers complete their taxes in under one hour and save an average of $200 in fees by using MyFreeTaxes instead of a paid tax preparer.
In-Person Free Tax Preparation
AARP Tax Aide Volunteers will provide in-person free tax preparation. This is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and located at the Northest Community Center, 4001 N Cook Street, Spokane WA.
WHEN: Begins February 12, 2021. Ends April 9, 2021
- Tuesday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Thursday 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
HOW: By appointment only. Please call Washington Trust Bank, 509-353-4851 to make an appointment.
WHAT TO BRING to your tax appointment:
- Picture ID
- All Social Security cards
- All documents for 2020 tax return
- Last year's tax return
LOCATION: Northeast Community Center, 4001 N Cook Street, Spokane WA.
For more than a decade, United Way has helped people easily and accurately file their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxes. Since 2009:
- More than 1.2 million people have used MyFreeTaxes, bringing over $1.7 billion in refunds back to our local communities.
- MyFreeTaxes has helped individuals and households save $250 million in filing fees.