Funding notice for Emergency Food and Shelter Program phase 38.
The National Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) has made funding available for emergency food and / or shelter services in Spokane County. These funds are Federal funds made available through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The intent of this program is for the purchase of food and shelter, to supplement and expand current available resources and not to substitute or reimburse ongoing programs and services or to start new programs.
Eligible Applicant Organizations:
- Nonprofit, faith-based, and governmental organizations that provide food, shelter, and supportive services within the intent of the program
- Past EFSP participation is not a requirement
- Submit applications to the Local Board for funding (point of contact can be obtained via the EFSP website, www.efsp.unitedway.org
- Must have a Data Universal Number System (DUNS) Number- http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- Must have a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) - http://www.irs.gov
- Maintain a checking account in the organization’s name for EFSP deposits
- Pay vendors directly within 90 days for services provided
- Submit required reports
Any agency that is awarded funds that participated in the EFSP in the past and has outstanding compliance exceptions must resolve them prior to the release of funds.
To learn more about the National Emergency Food and Shelter Program, visit www.efsp.unitedway.org.
Thank you for your interest in Phase 38 (funding cycle from June 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021) of the Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP). $270,264 is available under Phase 38 for Spokane County. The intent of this program is for the purchase of eligible expenditures and/or to supplement and expand current available resources listed on pages 63 - 77 of the EFSP Manual Phase 35, but not to start new programs.E
Eligible organizations may submit a program application(s) for Phase 38 with one or more spending category requests per grant application per program to the Local EFSP Board no later than 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, February 23, 2021.
Application for Phase 38
Additional Resources and Documents
EFSP Phase 38 Evaluation Form
EFSP Phase 38 Quick Reference Guide
Addendum Phase 38 Manual
Program Overview Phase 38
Key Dates Phase 38
Phase 35 manual
Spokane County Contact for Additional Questions
Email Andrey Muzychenko or call directly at 509.951.0936